I have had the following quote by Thomas Crum's first book titled: The Magic of Conflict, in front of me for the past 30 years.
"The daily struggles and conflicts are still there. It is our relationship to them that can be totally different.
Instead of seeing the run being pulled out from under us, we can learn to dance on shifting carpet.
The stumbling blocks of the past magically become the stepping stones to the future.
The walls and boundaries of old can offer interesting vistas as we move beyond them."
What does this quote say to you?
To myself and many of my clients it says:
- Struggles and conflicts are a natural part of life. They are not a statement about you, your abilities, or experience.
- Just because things don’t work out the way you thought they would, does not make them wrong or that you have failed.
- I tell my clients to keep their knees bent, that way when things shift and change you don’t fall on your backside but rather continue to partner and lead the way. Opening your mind up to what is possible vs what has always been done.
- Growth doesn’t come from being perfect, it comes from what all the challenges have taught you and how you can take that knowledge with you as you move forward.
May the wisdom of this quote awaken deeper awareness into you and all you desire to create in your life and career.
- When we release what we’ve planned, we are able to see what can be. Many times, beyond what we could have imagined/believed.